consc198 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Looking for developers to help in free and opensource project

Hello,

I am not sure if this is allowed or not – if this post is against any Rules i apologize in advance and this post can be removed.

I am in the process of creating a open-source project to track the Psychological Mood of a person, this application will be used by people visiting psychologists.

Target Audience

People that are currently in therapy or want to keep track of mood changes. The program is based on CBT.
    Aim
    To provide to the end-user the tools for him to be able to monitor his mood.
    To provide to the therapist additional information for the client through the automatic generation of graphs.

We are looking for some volunteers to help with Coding of the Project. The coding has been done in Visual Basic 2010 and currently using MS Access 2007 as the Database.
    We're aiming to develop the a feature-rich Psychological Mood Tracker to help the end-users as much as we can.

The Project is hosted on CodePlex; http://moodtracker.codeplex.com

If anyone is interested please feel post here.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    If your code is in a VB application, you should post in a VB forum. Just because the data is in an Access db doesn't mean Access VBA programmers can help you. I, for one, do not have Visual Basic and therefore cannot edit VB project.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    If your code is in a VB application, you should post in a VB forum. Just because the data is in an Access db doesn't mean Access VBA programmers can help you. I, for one, do not have Visual Basic and therefore cannot edit VB project.
    Hello,

There are parts that Access Programmers can help with like for example with the Database Design which is why i've also posted in Access DB forums.

June7 is online now VIP
    I started to download your project but the download is a setup.exe file. I don't want to set up an app, I just wanted to examine your database, as suggested by your post. So can't help.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I started to download your project but the download is a setup.exe file. I don't want to set up an app, I just wanted to examine your database, as suggested by your post. So can't help.
    Hello,

You can download the latest files from SVN or from http://moodtracker.codeplex.com/Sour...ist/changesets (click on Download button).

June7 is online now VIP
    I looked at the PsychologicalStateTracker.mdb file. A basic principle of relational database is 'enter raw data, calculate on report'. With that in mind, I don't understand the need for 3 tables for Comparison data. I also don't understand the Average fields in each table. Seems to me should be only daily records and the Weekly and Monthly comparison data could be summarized with aggregate queries of the daily data. Along the same line, the Average data could be calculated when needed. Granted, weekly is probably most difficult time period to aggregate, but it is doable.

I looked at the PsychologicalStateTracker.mdb file. A basic principle of relational database is 'enter raw data, calculate on report'. With that in mind, I don't understand the need for 3 tables for Comparison data. I also don't understand the Average fields in each table. Seems to me should be only daily records and the Weekly and Monthly comparison data could be summarized with aggregate queries of the daily data. Along the same line, the Average data could be calculated when needed. Granted, weekly is probably most difficult time period to aggregate, but it is doable.
    Thank you for the feedback, i have made notes relating to your comments.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.