IsiEMT is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

School bus transportation

As a tech savvy, I was asked to find a program for our school bus transportation. The goal is that every bus driver should get a daily printout with all changes of stops. Top portion will be kids from other buses coming for a bus change to this bus, and bottom portion for kids normally on this bus, but have a change to another bus. Like that the driver will know where to stop or not to stop.

It should work with calendar, so some changes are only for a day, others might be several. On each daily printout the relevant and active changes should be printed. Sure enough for each driver separately.

Basically it should be more or less automated. The user should be able to just select the day, and only drivers who have any change would show up on the report. Each bus driver also has a bus "color". This color can vary depending on which trip. So when choosing a driver and which trip, the color should be shown automatically.

I'm not sure how to do that. I first thought maybe there's a website for similar things. Maybe Google Calendar. But I saw there are several features lacking in Google Calendar. Maybe a standalone program? Maybe a program that integrates with an online service? Maybe employee scheduling? Maybe Microsoft Excel or Access?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to get this help, but right now I have nowhere else to turn. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    This is a good scenario for creating an Access database. However, you are asking us to design the database for you and this is asking too much from this forum.

I can offer my services, however!

IsiEMT is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Hi aytee111,

Not sure if you got my previous PM. You offered your services, and I'd like to hear more details. Please get back to me. Thanks!

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.