Summary Report Help Please?

Here is my problem. I have a list of employees who voted on a specific questions. The questions consist of True & False. And there is 5 of them. So a voter's card would look like this: F/F/F/T/T which would mean False/False/False/True/True

The thing is I m trying to do a report that will list how many people voted true for the first question and how many voted false for the first question. My thing is I keep finding myself doing 10 different reports to display the 10 different Queries I have. So to see how many people voteed for true for the first question, i would have to run the "Voted True Form" which would run the query to find out how many voted true. Now note it would then make 50 something pages and then list the total on the last page of the report. In order for me to make a report that shows everythign I have to run all the reports manually and then copy and paste. I just found out that recently im gonna have to note how many regions each voter's have and I would have to calculate that to. I see myself doing 20 more something reports and copying and pasting every day.......

Can someone please give me a better way to do this? I have books and none of them are helping. They give information about summary reports but it is not helping

It should be a relatively simple matter to build a query that would show the overall results on each question, and then you can base your report on that single query.

What is your app's table structure like? (Table names, fields, data types, primary/foreign keys, etc.)

Here is the problem. I have a table which has 4 letters which represents either Y or N. This stands for yes and no. So a field would look like this

Solitaire YYNN
    John Doe YYNY

what I need to do is to be able to list how many people picked Y for their first answer and how many pick N for their answer. I need to break down the printout like this:
    1st Y 50
    1st N 45

1st Y 50
    2nd N 40
    etc.

The code I been using to break them down is
    Expr1: Mid([Choice],4,1)
    <> F

This checks and see if the 4th choice is not equal to N and displayed the records. My problem is I can only seem to put one Query on each report so I have 8 Reports! One for each choice. I been using grouping but that is no good because sometimes I get more then 4 choices and that mean more possiblities.

If anyone can help please contact me by:
    MSN: babeyboom817@aol.com
    or AIM: xkasy

Quote Originally Posted by solitaire
    Here is the problem. I have a table which has 4 letters which represents either Y or N. This stands for yes and no. So a field would look like this

Solitaire YYNN
    John Doe YYNY
    Your biggest problem is your table structure. What you really needed was something more like this (the exact structure you need would be determined by your long-term use of the app):

tblEmployees
    EmpID (PK)
    EmpLName
    EmpFName
    <other employee attributes>

tblSurveys
    SurveyID (PK)
    SurveyName
    SurveyDescr
    <other survey attributes>

tblQuestions
    QuestionID (PK)
    SurveyID (FK)
    QuestionNum
    QuestionText
    <other question attributes>

tblEmpSurveys
    EmpSurveyID (PK)
    EmpID (FK)
    SurveyID (FK)
    DateSurveyed

tblResponses
    ResponseID (PK)
    EmpSurveyID (FK)
    QuestionID (FK)
    Response

With a structure more like that, you will have much, much more freedom to analyze the results.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.