bsc is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Navigation Subform issues

I am attempting to use the navigation subform to bring a lengthy from created in '97 onto one page where different sections can be viewed by clicking tabs. All the tabs access the same table for data. The first tab is used to enter basic information and the remaining tabs add suplementary info.

Problems
    1. When I have a record selected in the first subform, and I move to another tab, then return, the data refreshes to default location (record 1).
    2. In one of the navigationsubforms I need to automatically populate a field with a value on the first tab navigationsubform. But in trying to reference the navigation subform in code I find that all the subforms have the same name "navigationsubform". So referencing the control is a bit ambiguous to me.

Perhaps I need a totaly different approach, like building my own tabbed form instead of trying to use the clunky navigation forms wizard.

Ideas/comments?

Bryan

bsc is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    #2 solved
    =[Forms]![frmMain]![Record ID]

Quote Originally Posted by bsc View Post
    I am attempting to use the navigation subform to bring a lengthy from created in '97 onto one page where different sections can be viewed by clicking tabs. All the tabs access the same table for data. The first tab is used to enter basic information and the remaining tabs add suplementary info.

Problems
    1. When I have a record selected in the first subform, and I move to another tab, then return, the data refreshes to default location (record 1).
    2. In one of the navigationsubforms I need to automatically populate a field with a value on the first tab navigationsubform. But in trying to reference the navigation subform in code I find that all the subforms have the same name "navigationsubform". So referencing the control is a bit ambiguous to me.

Perhaps I need a totaly different approach, like building my own tabbed form instead of trying to use the clunky navigation forms wizard.

Ideas/comments?

Bryan

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.