97rstd is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

SubReport Problem

I'm very much a novice with Access but here is my issue. I have a report pulling data from one table and on the report is a subreport pulling data from another table. Most of the reports should only be one or two pages long. However, it will print a seperate identical page for every item in my subreport. If my subreport has 10 items, then it will print 10 pages exactly the same. If my report runs into the second page and say I have 24 items in the subreport, then I would get 48 pages. Everything else works correctly, but I'm at a loss on how to fix this issue.

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Sounds like you don't have the Master/Child links set properly between the main report and the subreport, or the subreport is in the Details section of the report when it might need to be in a group header or footer. Hard to tell without knowing more about what each is pulling, what the link is between the two tables and what you are trying to achieve.

97rstd is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I'm building an employee training database. I have one table with demographic information and another with the training info both linked by a unique employee number. The subreport is the individual training information. I do have it in the detail section of the main report and if I try putting it anywhere else I can't get it to continue onto the second page. As I said I'm a complete novice with access so please speak slowly and use little words! :-)

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Go to the Grouping and Sorting area of the report (if it isn't displayed at the bottom of the report while in design view, right-click on the area below the report footer and select Sorting and Grouping (I believe that is there in 2010). So then you would add a group on the EmployeeNumber field and you would then put the controls currently from the demographics in the Employeenumber field header and the subreport just below those in the header also (you could add the footer for Employee number and stick the subreport there).

You would then make sure that the subreport has the Master/Child links set to the Employee Number field. Let me know if you aren't sure where those are. You should be able to find them by clicking on the box thing (subreport control) which holds the subreport and then going to the DATA tab in the properties dialog.

I hope that helps.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.