eckwrilw is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Help with access 2010 Navigation form print button

Hello all!

I have been assigned a task at work that involves recording, tracking and managing assets and the calibration intervals. I am very new to access and basically self taught with the help of some great forums. I have encountered an issue with one of my navigation forms and would like some insight. I have created a navigation form that shows a list of reports i have created. In the navigation report i would like to have a print button that only prints the selected report. It seems that access 2010 allows you to generate a print button, but wants you to designate it to one report. Is there a way that I can make a print button print only the report, and only the report that is selected on the navigation form.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You created the 'navigation form' with wizard? I don't use the design wizards because they do things I don't like and can make it harder to edit design. Using VBA or macro? Are the names in the list (combobox or listbox) exactly the names of the reports?

In VBA, could be:
    DoCmd.OpenReport Me.listboxname
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

eckwrilw is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes the names in the list box are the exact same. I would like to generate my database using VBA or macros, but i am still learning. I guess what i really need my form to do is have a controls that are dependent on the selected navigation pane.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You can either use the AfterUpdate event of the listbox with the suggested code or require user to click a button and its Click event would execute the code. Search Access Help on topic 'Introduction to Programming in Access'.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.