Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Very good GrandMasterSexay, very creative. If you want to keep all the forms in Datasheet View, this will do it.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

xwnoob is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2000
    Ok june i created the subform already.(Using subform wizard) However, when creating the subsubform, i opened the form in design view and then clicked the on the toolbox to create the subsubform by dragging and dropping the subsubform in the subform area but when it came to the third step of the wizard(define the fields that link form to subform) it only displays my fields that are on the main form, and not the subform which means i canot link the subform to the subsubform . So how do i solve this?

EDIT: Oh i think in the previous posts you were trying to say to open the subform ONLY to create the subsubform, instead of trying to create the subsubform on the mainform page with the subform on it,which was what i was doing just now. Ill try the new method and see if it works.

2nd EDIT:WAIT IGNORE THIS POST FOR NOW i think i got mixed up by some fields i think its possible to do it even on the mainform with the subform

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMasterSexay View Post
    If you are working with multiple subforms, this should resolve your issue. Please find attached the test database.
    CRAPP.... i think my office blocked external downloads so i cant view it zzz anyway you can give me a screenshot? im not sure if i have ms access at home also...

OK...June i think i have finally linked up all the forms together but how do i know if they are referenced properly(If i add a new borrower case record, how do i know if the individual borrowers and their respective partners that i have added in the subforms/susubforms all link to this particular borrower case record)? i Have checked the link child/master field property and they are in correct order but in the relationships window, i found out that there are no links at all... is that a problem? Because i used the subform wizard to create all the subforms and i thought that they will automatically create the one-to-many relationships.

June7 is offline VIP
    Provide the project by attaching to post and will analyse.

Can you do download at home then take file to work?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

the form im doing the subforms on is called add new borrower form. I dont think i have access at home though. EVen if i did have it, my workspace blocked off thumbdrives.

If you have finished please reply asap as im currently trying hard not to fall asleep at my desk :P

EDIT: Well for me it seems to be working as i entered dummy records into it and their ID corresponds but what im concerned about is that in the relationships window why there are no tables that are connected with the one to many lines....

khalid is offline MS-Access Developer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Hi, xwnoob

You can link mainform/subform/subform/subform/... to the mainform by using this technique:

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...196#post944196

hope this help.

June7 is offline VIP
    You are probably asleep by now but is still early for me.

Looks like all is working okay.

Since the forms are all in SingleView, RecordSelector not really useful, can turn it off. Could rearrange subform and subsubform so everything shows better. Widen the subform, move subsubform to the left of borrower info. Then scroll bars and Min/Max buttons can probably be turned off.

It is not critical to define Relationships for Access functionality. That is where you set referential integrity parameters. Having Relationships can help when queries are built, joins will automatically be set. Wizards do not automatically build Relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    You are probably asleep by now but is still early for me.

Looks like all is working okay.

Since the forms are all in SingleView, RecordSelector not really useful, can turn it off. Could rearrange subform and subsubform so everything shows better. Widen the subform, move subsubform to the left of borrower info. Then scroll bars and Min/Max buttons can probably be turned off.
    haha i was surfing for solutions while waiting so no sleep. I will improve the format but whats recordselector?( Is it the bar at the bottom of each form that has arrows or the side of each form and how do i turn them off??) And which min/max button are you refering to and how do i close them??

Lastly, could you answer this questions because im worried about it: why are there no relationships shown in the relationship window???

June7 is offline VIP
    Arrow on the side is RecordSelector, bar at bottom is NavigationBar. These and Min/Max buttons are all properties of the form and can be found on the Property Sheet > Format Tab. Access Help should have guidelines on setting form properties.

Relationships have to be set up by you. Access will not set them automatically.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.