john_gringo is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

picture image link on a table textbox

Hi I am new to access and I have an issue creating a link to a picture at a table.

I have an access based program for my orders and there is a form that i enter every new order with the following fields.
    Client Name
    Seller Name
    Product.....

I want to put a box where I will drag and drop an image so the link of the image will be saved at the table orders. I've already create a field called Image as a hyperlink and a text box also called Image on the table but I am not alowded to D&D an image in it!

Any suggestions

Regards

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I don't think D&D is possible.

A hyperlink will open the image file in its native program. What is the image filetype (pdf, jpg, bmp)? The ImageControl will display images (jpg, bmp, png) right on the form or report.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I don't think D&D is possible.

A hyperlink will open the image file in its native program. What is the image filetype (pdf, jpg, bmp)? The ImageControl will display images (jpg, bmp, png) right on the form or report.
    Image file is jpg or tif. Here I create a sample DB that you could D&D a pic on the field photo.
    But in my DB the form I want that field works with recordsets and there I am stuck. I put a Text Box for photos but I am not allowded to drop the photo in it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I don't follow your comments. I opened the form in your PhotoDB.mdb.
    I added a new record (3) to the table and used the full name (drive/folder/file) in the hyperlink field.
    I open the form, go to record 3, click the hyperlink and my Photo opens.

I don't see anything for D&D in your mdb?

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I don't follow your comments. I opened the form in your PhotoDB.mdb.
    I added a new record (3) to the table and used the full name (drive/folder/file) in the hyperlink field.
    I open the form, go to record 3, click the hyperlink and my Photo opens.

I don't see anything for D&D in your mdb?
    Maybe I am not clear egnouph.
    In my bussines I have a FAX program wich stores the faxes as .tif in drive/x folder. I open that folder and my order form and enter the order data from the fax picture.
    I want to connect each fax (123.tif) with the specific order and when I want to see something i would be able to see also the fax that belong to the order by clicking on it. I dont want the fax to be as a picture in my form but like a path or something.
    Also i don't want to enter the path manualy but by D&D the .tif picture in the text box.
    If you try to D&D a pics from a folder in the textbox PHOTO in my sample, it is possible but not in another text box such as all the other text boxes are not hyperlinks.
    But I my real DB the form working with Recordsets and when I create a Text box for the fax I just can't D&D a pics on it.

I don't know if I was clear egnouph such as my english are not so good but anyway thank you for your assistand.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    This thread is about drag and drop question. I didn't look at the referenced links but I suspect are not for hyperlink field. http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-ac...drop-form.html

Again, I doubt hyperlink field can be populated by drag & drop. Idea of D&D is to save the file object itself, not its path.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.