First off let me apologize for sounding like a newbie. I have been thrust into this project with no background in database management, SharePoint, or MS Access. So any help will be greatly appreciated but please try to dumb it down for me and list all steps in detail. Thanks in advance.

Now the fun part.

the project is as follows.

What we are going to be doing is collecting data on a daily basis for over 800 persons. each person will have many different pieces of data to average and or count. We are doing this by linking several excel spreadsheets to access in order to better manage the data in a more familiar format. the second part of the process is to upload a combined list to SharePoint sorted by Manager, Team Manager, then agent. with all the data averaged out to the higher manager levels so everyone can see where their team stands.

here's the problem; I can't seem to figure out how to get the Linked sharepoint list to update with out appending it or creating another list all together. I have figured out how to create a general create query to combine the linked excel lists into one table in sharepoint. and upload the table to share point. then link the table back from sharepoint so i can see it in my Access window. but if i add new data and run the queries it only updates the local table.

Process flow (because i'm sure i dont make any sense to anyone other than myself)

1)Gather data
2)Combine data into excel spreadsheets
-Agent Roster
-Metrics sheet 1
-Metrics sheet 2
-Etc.
3)load data into access via liked tables
-Agent Roster:Table
-Metrics sheet 1:Table
-Metrics sheet 2:Table
-Etc. :Table
4)run query to combined desired data
-Query
-New Table of Combined data:Table
5)Upload to SharePoint List
-Select export data to sharepoint
-Done
6)Link table to sharepoint list i just created
-click import from sharepoint
-select list
-done
7)do it all over the next day with out having to append the list i just created.
-help!

Basically we want a list in sharepoint that is updated by data collected on a daily basis, input into excel, run through access and updated to sharepoint list with out appending the list name or creating lists over and over.

Hope the above makes sense to someone. I have been beating my head aginst Access and SharePoint for a week making good headway but now i'm stuck and for the life of me i can't seem to figure out the final piece of this puzzle. any help will be greatly appreciated.

as another note i built this project in Excel but its 120mb XLSX pivot, vlookup, formula monster.

if there is another way to do this with out using access i'm open to options. I dont care how this project reaches its end goal as long as it does. and the end goal is a list on sharepoint updated daily with data.

Thanks
Andrew