wasim_sono is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2013 64bit

Northwind sample database query

Dear All

I want to ask about the Order form of northwind database that how address, city, postal code and country name of customer appears as the user select Customer ID in the combo box.

Thanx.

Wasim

Wasim,

Those "address" fields are all part of the query that is the form's source recordset (Orders qry; I really wish that Microsoft would eschew using spaces in the db object names of its templates and samples--it's a horrendous practice).

So, when you select a new customer ID, the form simply recalls the info from Row X of the source recordset.

Hi Mathew

Thanks for the reply. Glad to see u again. U r very kind and helpful. How u master on Access? Can u help me to master on Access by suggesting reference books, materials, tutotrials or ur e-mail address for quick future contact.

I asked some days befor the question for same topic explained above. Now I got the answer and now I'm able to step forward in my application. It will help me in several events.

Thanks again and hope u will help me again.

Wasim

Quote Originally Posted by wasim_sono
    Thanks for the reply. Glad to see u again. U r very kind and helpful. How u master on Access? Can u help me to master on Access by suggesting reference books, materials, tutorials or ur e-mail address for quick future contact.
    Glad to help, Wasim. Part of why I try to answer questions for other people is that I find that it is excellent way for me to learn as well.

For the most part, I am self-taught. Generally, I bang away at an application for a few hours, learn most of what I need to know, and then track down specific "extras" as the need arises.

Some tips:
    1) Just explore the application. You can learn a lot just by playing
    2) Browse the help files (both Access UI and Access VBA. Sometimes they give great guidance, and sometimes not, but you should always at least start there
    3) Check out www.msdn.com. It can be a little intimidating at first, but there is a ton of great info
    4) Go to boards like this one, www.vbaexpress.com, etc. Read other peoples' questions and answers. Try to answer a question or two yourself
    5) Set up a few of MS's delivered db templates, and explore the form/report designs and code. You can pick up some nice techniques that way
    6) I have a bunch of books, but I only consult them rarely (when I need highly topic-oriented info), The Access Developer's Handbook (2-volume) is the bible, but it is a bit much for beginners

For general questions, please ask them here and not by email. If you need help on something beyond the scope of what you could expect from a free forum, my email address is in my profile.

Best regards,

Patrick

Hi Mathews
    Thanks a lot of ur reply. I'm vary thankful to u for giving me ur valueable time. I'll try my best to follow ur advices and instructions. I also post in security forum but still not replied. If possible then pl. refer it.

Best regards.

Wasim

Wasim,

I saw that post, but Access's security model is the weakest part of my Access skill set, and so I generally stay away from those questions. (Indeed, my strong opinion is that, if you need security for your app, you are much better off going with a stronger platform like SQL Server or MySQL.)

So, it is doubtful I will be able to help you much on the security questions.

Good luck on your project!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.