Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    yigitki is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

countdown Timer

i have couple question about countdown timer

1 question is can i add more than 1 countdown timer in the same form and run seperately.

2 question is can anybody give me a codes for countdown timer and step by step options as well preety much what i want to do is i want to be able to type the minute in the box and when i click start it will start counting down after that when the time is reach 0 i want to be able to count negative numbers until i stop it. thank you

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Never used but my guess is that form can have only one Timer event. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.11).aspx
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You can use the same timer for all of this. Here's a sample.

Sample removed since it doesn't act like it was requested. I ran out of time to test and posted before a meeting.
    Hopefully Toyman's example does what you need.
    Last edited by boblarson; 10-26-2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: remove sample since it was not working completely properly

Toyman is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by yigitki View Post
    i have couple question about countdown timer

1 question is can i add more than 1 countdown timer in the same form and run seperately.
    2 question is can anybody give me a codes for countdown timer and step by step options as well preety much what i want to do is i want to be able to type the minute in the box and when i click start it will start counting down after that when the time is reach 0 i want to be able to count negative numbers until i stop it. thank you
    See if this is what you need

thank you!

Hey guys thank you so much for post. Toyman that database almost what i want. i am going to attach my database and i will request couple more things. i work for U.S. Army and i need this project for that purpose. if you can help me i really appreciated. Thank you!

Hey guys thank you so much for post. Toyman that database almost what i want. i am going to attach my database and i will request couple more things. i work for U.S. Army and i need this project for that purpose. if you can help me i really appreciated. Thank you!
    What help do you need?

how can i adjust that after certain time i need the color change lets say i set the timer for 30min. and when 5 min left to count down i want to color change to red and gives me warning sound. and can i set those timers to my access database each form 2 or more. last thing your example database does not count negative it just shows up and then goes back to 59 seconds.

i also try to enter your code to my database but i couldnt be successful i can only insert calss or module
    i am sorry for that easy questions.

thanks again

this is the final adjusted version if you can add this the timer and if you can show me how to actually insert codes and everything i will be grateful

here is the final

this is the final adjusted version if you can add this the timer and if you can show me how to actually insert codes and everything i will be grateful
    Ok, I will take a look at it tomorrow morning

Ok, see if this works. I only put the codes in the "CCP FORM" form. If the sound don't work, change the path of the sound wave in the code to a sound wave path that works.
    Last edited by Toyman; 11-10-2011 at 07:33 PM.

this is awesome. You are the best in access, i have to say that. only think that when it goes 0 it does not count like -00:01, -00:02 i wanted to see that soldier stay on the line how many negative minutes i want it to be infinite count after 0. if you can do that too this is awesome. i really say thank you.!!

this is awesome. You are the best in access, i have to say that. only think that when it goes 0 it does not count like -00:01, -00:02 i wanted to see that soldier stay on the line how many negative minutes i want it to be infinite count after 0. if you can do that too this is awesome. i really say thank you.!!
    Ok, try this one. It was not going neg because of the input mask. To adhere to the input mask, if the number turns negative, the color of the number will turn green.

this is perfect. i do understand now. seconds counts down and minute goes up. this is perfect can you teach me how to do other ones or can you place for other ones as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.