Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    No, not hard. If you had relationships established then when you pulled tables into query designer the join links would automatically set. Without the established relationships have to set join links manually by clicking on field in one table and dragging to the corresponding field in other table.
    http://www.opengatesw.net/ms-access-...cess-Query.htm
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

mari_hitz is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks for your help! Viewing the link you sent I have managed to create a Query with the Join you said to me.
    I was viewing other link you have pasted before and it says that you need to create a table with the e-mail adresses and the code will take the information from there to send the e-mail.
    So sorry to keep on asking but here are my questions:
    1) I will have to create not a simple query but a create table query so the code could send the e-mail?
    2) After I create that query, how the code will it be? I am really sorry but my VBA code knowledge is pretty basic so I would like to understand how I should create the code, what should it say? I mean, I have viewd the links but I have no idea how to customize them to fit my needs. Could you be so kind to give a hand on that one?

Thanks!

June7 is online now VIP
    I can help but you need to make effort. You have been given substantial references to work with. Make attempt at building table, form, code and provide project for analysis when you need more help.

Here is one more reference. Search Access Help on topic: Introduction to Access Programming.
    Last edited by June7; 11-29-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks June!!! I have created a testing database using the links you have sent to me. I have two tables created (they are linked to an excel file). I have created a Query using the "Join" that you mentioned, and I have created a Query that creates a table. I have managed to make two forms based on the queries that I have mentioned.
    I have created a module in Visual Basic. The code that I have used is one that I copy-pasted from a link you gave me. It does not run because it returns me error on the "Set oOutlook" part. I guess I understand a little bit more now about this code. I was looking at it and I guess I should change the following:
    instead of "To" in this part of the code it should day "BCC." right? And as per my understanding the "Left -1" it means that it should move one box starting from the left (this was surely the location of the e-mail list of the table that was used to built this code)
    Code:
     .To = Left$(strEMail, Len(strEMail) - 1)        'Remove Trailing ;
    Could you please tell me if I am going right? Thanks!
    The excel files can be found in here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?v6ebfeu3nf434f3.

June7 is online now VIP
    Need to set object library reference. On the VBA editor select Tools>References>Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Object Library

Can't have just BCC, still need to send the email to someone, send it to yourself in TO.

The -1 is to drop the extra semi-colon at end of the constructed addresses string.

Have not tested your code but looks like a good start. Use debug techniques. Refer to the link at bottom of my post for a good tutorial on debugging.

Thanks for your help June! I have set the reference as you mentioned but nothing happened, it gives me the same error over and over again. I have tried really hard. Could you please give a hand on this? I would really apreciate it. I mean, I do not have any VB knowledge and I have tried really hard to figure out this and I can't, I am really frustrated, how can I solve this?

Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    I cannot look at until after 15th (vacation). If the project you posted is the latest code attempt, I will test it.

If you don't see another post from me next week, kick this up with another post of your own as reminder.

June7 is online now VIP
    Looking at your project. Don't see the Outlook library reference is selected.

You have an 'Option Compare Database' line inside the command button procedure. If you run Debug>Compile, that line will error. Remove it.

Also, the procedure refers to recordset field ![EMail Address], which does not exist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.