bishop is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Help with creating this excel sheet in access

I do not know where to start. I want to create this excel worksheet format in access but do not know how to go about doing it.

Any help is greatly appreciated

hertfordkc is offline 18 year novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Do you have the data in Access and you want to create a form or a report that looks like the spreadsheet? Or do you envision the format as an input form?
    Remember that the data itself resides in a table. Formats are involved in forms and reports.

bishop is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hertfordkc View Post
    Do you have the data in Access and you want to create a form or a report that looks like the spreadsheet? Or do you envision the format as an input form?
    Remember that the data itself resides in a table. Formats are involved in forms and reports.
    I already have all the data (Category, Sub Category, Exercises) in Access. I want to create a form. I have Category, Sub Category and Exercise set up as synchronize combo boxes. I want to be able to choose from the synchronize combo boxes and have that populate each row as shown in the excel attachment.

I would attach my database but there is only a limit of 500k

Windows XP Access 2007

Small steps

Quote Originally Posted by bishop View Post
    I already have all the data (Category, Sub Category, Exercises) in Access. I want to create a form. I have Category, Sub Category and Exercise set up as synchronize combo boxes. I want to be able to choose from the synchronize combo boxes and have that populate each row as shown in the excel attachment.

I would attach my database but there is only a limit of 500k
    1)If you can compact and zip your database, the limit goes to 2M.
    2)"Able to choose" ?? You want use the three combo boxes to construct a query which will populate a row on a datasheet? Set the criteria in the query to point to the combo boxes and do a refresh when the combo boxes change? Or are you saying that the combo boxes can only work in certain combinations?

bishop is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hertfordkc View Post
    1)If you can compact and zip your database, the limit goes to 2M.
    2)"Able to choose" ?? You want use the three combo boxes to construct a query which will populate a row on a datasheet? Set the criteria in the query to point to the combo boxes and do a refresh when the combo boxes change? Or are you saying that the combo boxes can only work in certain combinations?
    Once you open the Big Sky Workout DB the frmForm has the 3 combo boxes. I want to have another form setup to where I choose the data from the comb boxes and it will populate the table that looks like the excel sheet.

Windows XP Access 2007
    After looking at your example, I'm still not sure of what is needed, but I'll make a guess.
    You have a fixed set of entries for the Category, Subcategory, and Exercise. The selected entry in Category will determine what appears in your "Rowfield". Likewise, the selected entry in Subcategory will determine what appears in your "Columnfield". Similarly for "Exercise".
    I believe you can do this by filling out the link master fields (properties of the box where the subform is placed) with the names of the combo box controls and link child fields with "Rowfield", "Columnfield" and "Exercise". I haven't actually used the combo boxes in the link fields, but I think it will work. Let me know.
    Last edited by hertfordkc; 10-17-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: incomplete

pav is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop View Post
    I do not know where to start. I want to create this excel worksheet format in access but do not know how to go about doing it.

Any help is greatly appreciated
    To answer your question, the first thing to know is how your data is stored: is it in one table, or multiple tables, and what the fields are.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.