nsteenhaut is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Strangeness

Dear Experts,

I am have built a database and now I want to share it with about 1000 of my colleagues. I tried converting it to an access web database, but that was a lot of work and the many many lines of custom code were not convertible to web macros. Now I am have split my database and converted my backend (tables) to sharepoint lists. I have also posted my front end on sharepoint. This shoul work, but it doesn't. A few strange things have happened:

1. My main data entry form has stopped accepting new data. It shows the first record of the underlying table, and if I click on the record navigator arrow at the very bottom, I can see all my records. Before I converted my back-end to sharepoint lists this form worked fine (allowed entry). The weird thing is that all my form settings are the same as before (allow additions - yes, allow deletions - no, etc...). I am guessing it must have something to do with the table to SP List conversion, since that is the only thing that changed. I have no clue what it could be though. Other forms are working fine...that is they only accept new records and don't show the existing records.

2. Some code isn't working. I have a form that should populate a form control in another form. It works fine before converting my back-end to SP Lists. Now it doesn't work.

Some minor things also got warped (a few extra fields got added in the conversion from MS Access 2010 to SP, but those things I was able to fix.

Any help on my mystery issues would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Nicholas

Stingaway is offline Efficiency Junkie
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    The deep south. Keep going until you hit water basically.
    On your main data entry form, does it work if you are the only person in the database?

nsteenhaut is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    No it doesn't. It works before I convert my tables to SP lists, but after that it stops working - even if I am the only person using the files.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.