avarusbrightfyre is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Database driven website....new ground for me

Ok, so for the past few years I've pretty much self taught myself most of the ins and outs of access via several projects I've had to do for work. I've made some fairly complicated databases with a lot of automation and such. Now, I've started a business of my own and would like to set something up like most of the big companies out there where I can have my customers log in to a website and view information that pertains to their accounts.

I'm fairly sure all of this is pretty much out of my league, but I figured I'd ask the question anyway. I already have an access database set up that will track all the information I need for the company, but I'm sure there's no reliable way to use that database as the source for a website to draw it's information from. My end goal is to make the information in my access database readily available to my customers at any time, without having to personally pull up the information for them.

I've read around and know that SQL is probably the best way to do this, but I have absolutely ZERO knowledge of SQL or how it works.

So....what first steps should I take on my quest to create a database driven website? This is more of a point me in the right direction plea than a "show me each step" kind of post. Thanks!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.