Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    JFo is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Good guess Rain that was exactly what I was doing yesterday, hope you had a win.

I am still having issues with your advice on integrating the forms together into the one frmInspections

I tried a few different ways with no luck

I have successfully managed to use a similar search functionality like in your sample db (probably containing some unneeded code) - however I can't work out how to do anything with the results yet

Back to the main task from what I can see
    Ideally frmInspections would be able to edit and add Inspections as well as use a similar search method to search for equipment for the inspection then the user can select the equipment which will show the checklist values that they can verify or fill out and then populate the tblResults (I think)

I will be working on this again for much of the day however feeling the effects of yesterday a bit so hard to say how productive I will be

Thanks

Attachment 5008

Rainlover is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003
    Sorry

Been busy. Get back later today. I hope.

No problem Rain I can only probably do another 30 minutes or so today anyway, I will post what I have done then regardless, however I am not getting far I have pretty much what I want in 3 separate forms however making them all one is a different story

Thanks

Yep not getting far today unfortunately, a few things figured out and added however major functionality still unresolved

I have the 3 forms frmInspections, frmSearch and frmAddEquipmentToInspection that independantly work pretty much how I want them to however they should all be 1 form frmInspections. I have tried integrating them many different ways with different forms in different sub positions however can't figure this out at the moment

Oh well I will keep trying, Thanks Rain

Attachment 5011

I have the 3 forms frmInspections, frmSearch and frmAddEquipmentToInspection that independantly work pretty much how I want them to however they should all be 1 form frmInspections. I have tried integrating them many different ways with different forms in different sub positions however can't figure this out at the moment

Why? Frm Inspections does what you want already.

Perhaps you could have a separate Form for Equipment that show all the inspections done on that Particular piece of equipemnt.

I would have expected that all your forms would be completed. eg Clients does not work on your Menu.

I think you must hate me by now.

Question.

Does one Inspection have many pieces of equipment?

Next. Have you worked out how to use the latest Answer, yet at the same time been able to choose a previous answer, add a different answer while not affecting the previous results.

So if the Standard result is "AA" it could be "BB" on the second and then "AA" on the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainlover View Post
    [U]

I think you must hate me by now.
    Not at all

Why? Frm Inspections does what you want already.

Not really frmInspections is only good for creating a new Inspection, from the new Inspection or current inspection I want search for equipment functionality almost identical to frmSearch with client as a search filter as well. Once a piece of equipment is found in the search I want to add it to inspection or be able to edit the checklist answers if already inspected. THerefore it must open or show the checklist for that particular equipment type and defaults, etc for that particular piece of equipment.

Therefore at the moment I cannot integrate the 2 forms frmSearch and frmAddEquipmentToInspection (notably frmChecklist) with frmInspections

I would have expected that all your forms would be completed. eg Clients does not work on your Menu. I would have expected this as well. frmClients is working as far as I know the incorrect (duplicate) values in tblClients are actually coming from another form i.e if I select a client to add to a site in frmSites it adds it again to tblClients, I am working on resolving this issue but it is related to the recordsource as far as I know

Thanks

Question.

Does one Inspection have many pieces of equipment?
    Yes one inspection has many pieces of equipment and one piece of equipment may be involved in many inspections

Next. Have you worked out how to use the latest Answer, yet at the same time been able to choose a previous answer, add a different answer while not affecting the previous results.

So if the Standard result is "AA" it could be "BB" on the second and then "AA" on the third.

Not sure what you mean by this as this was all working fine in the old version and just tested then and is working well, however I broke it worse than I fixed yesterday and it is not really working at all trying to integrate it into the new system

Thanks Rain

Would you not be better off creating various Forms to do different Jobs. Like an Equipment form that shows only one piece of equipment in the main form then the Sub could have the various Inspections that have been completed.

There is nothing wrong with having a Menu to go to any type of Form that you want.

Clients does not open from the Menu.

Not sure what you mean by this

Do you want the user to have a choice of Answers?

If you don't then if you change one, then all the previous answers will also change. Test It.

Not sure what you mean by this

Do you want the user to have a choice of Answers?

If you don't then if you change one, then all the previous answers will also change. Test It.
    Definitely want user to have choice of answers. Seems to work fine in the old version and does not change any previous answers

(remember have to open main menu with all details start new inspection and then equipment, just did for 3 new inspections with same piece of equipment and looks like everything works defaulting, changing answer and adding to tblResults)

Attachment 5029

Would you not be better off creating various Forms to do different Jobs. Like an Equipment form that shows only one piece of equipment in the main form then the Sub could have the various Inspections that have been completed.

There is nothing wrong with having a Menu to go to any type of Form that you want.
    Definitely I will be creating different forms for different things however 1 major form that I require is to add an inspection for a client at a site, this form must be able to search through or add a new piece of equipment somehow and then add the equipment to the inspection and therefore open the checklist for that equipment type. This progression regardless of set-up needs to be possible, but yes you are correct I will be making many different forms to do different things

Not sure why it works fine on my end here it is again

Attachment 5030

Thanks

Can't see how it could work. There is no code behind the Button and no Event.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.