gumberculies is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Recipe book issues

Hello all,
    I am trying to make, ok technically I am modifying another database, a recipe book. I have downloaded this one, TS001018635 from the official Microsoft website. It does not do a couple of things that I would like it to do.
    1) The ingredients do not have their nutritional info.
    2) Due to number 1 the overall nutritional value of the mean does not exist.

So in a nut shell here is what I would like to do.
    Open the recipe in the Form view and be able to add ingredients, instructions etc. I want the database to add all of the nutritional info and have it displayed along with the rest of the recipe. I have figured out how to have the ingredients displayed however it only shows 1 ingredient at a time, and it does not add them together. For those of you who have downloaded the template I did add all of the nutritional info into the tables and also into the form the same way that the ingredients were added by the original creator. I hope this makes sense and there is a fairly easy solution. Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Which form are you referring to that only shows 1 ingredient at a time? I took a quick look at the original template and the recipe form shows all ingredients. Attach your modified project to post for analysis.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

gumberculies is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    First off, sorry for the delay. The issue that I am having is the nutritional information is entered by the user. I don't know how to have the image shown so I have attached it. The way the original Table stores the ingredient info is also attached.
    What I want is to add the actual nutritional info for each ingredient (so the table will have to have each nutritional value added) and then have that information shown in the nutritional block area for ALL ingredients. So if a recipe has 5 ingredients then each ingredient that has salt in it the salt total gets added and shown. I hope that clears up some of the confusion.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.