Solstice is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Queries with multiple tables to create report

I'm probably making harder work for myself than I need to, to be honest!

We run training sessions, and I've designed a database to keep records of who attends and what they've been charged. I created one table (CPD Training Sessions) with a full list of all our courses for the year. This table has the Session title, full cost, venue, date and time.
    Table two (CPD Bookings) is my table of bookings. I created it so that it saves the delegate's name, company and how much we're charging each (as some hold membership which entitles them to free or discounted training) and the title of the session (which is in a combo box linked to Table 1). I then managed to set up the form for the bookings so that the date, venue and time all autofill from Table 1, but are not saved to Table 2 as I couldn't figure it out

What I need now is to be able to run a report, so I can send the statement of courses that their employees have attended to each business. I know how to create the report, but because the information is coming from two tables and not one (because I need the time, date and venue from Table 1 to appear on the report, otherwise I'll get lots of phonecalls asking for these details) I tried to create a query incorporating these details.

However, when I run the query, I don't get any entries I've pulled the names, costs and session titles from Table 2, and the venue, date and time from Table 1. It seems that the information isn't linking together and what I probably need to do is to find a way to save the venue, date and time from Table 1 into Table 2 once it's autofilled on the form.

Any ideas on the best way to resolve this?

Solstice is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    If it helps, this is what the SQL view says:
    Code:
    SELECT [CPD Bookings].[Delegate's Name], [CPD Bookings].[Delegate's School], [CPD Bookings].Charge, [CPD Training Sessions].[Programme Title], [CPD Training Sessions].[Session Title], [CPD Training Sessions].Venue, [CPD Training Sessions].Date, [CPD Training Sessions].Time
    FROM [CPD Bookings] INNER JOIN [CPD Training Sessions] ON [CPD Bookings].[Session Title] = [CPD Training Sessions].[Session Title]
    WHERE (("where[CPD Bookings].[Session Title]"=[CPD Training Sessions].[Session Title]));

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.