tmcrouse is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Author of Database

I have been in the same dept doing the same job for 3yrs now and have a boss that gives me everything under the sun to do while she chases after her kids. Today she has not even been online but for 20 minutes. She is always bombarding me with work she is to be doing. I just found out that she has been taking credit for the complex databases, forms and VB coding I have done and want to find a way to lock me as the author giving her the inability to change it. I am not sure how to do that. She has been taking what I create when I send it and then making a new blank DB and then just copying and pasting everything to make it look like she did it. I comment in my VB code but found out she has been changing the comments to show she created it. Needless to say I am rather P.O.ed but I know there has to be a way to lock it. I cannot lock it so she and other users cannot use it or update things. I just want it known that I was the original author and I created it all.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Everything in on the honor system and your boss is still your boss. Finding another department, boss or job is the only real answer. Your boss will eventually get hers but you will need to leave that payday up to a higher power. Life is too short.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    if your boss knows enough to change the comments and vb code she knows enough to bypass almost anything you do. If you want to handle this properly I'd go to her boss and explain the situation, don't be accusing, just explain what's going on.

Of course if you don't favor that you could always create a table, name it similar to the system tables and put a value in it then hide it. Then create your code so that it won't work unless that field in that table is available. Your vb code would, of course have to check for the value but, again if she's capable enough to alter your code without breaking it she'll likely figure this out too.

focosi is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    what about converting your database to a .mde file ?

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    This is *company* property. You folks are simply barking up the wrong tree.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    RG is correct of course, but it's nice to think evil thoughts. The best course of action is, as I said, to take it up with your boss's superiors just make sure you have plenty of proof and documentation.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.