kris335 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Record/form navigation problem

Hi! I had an online Access class this past summer in order to make our county's Christmas program run smoother. I spent all summer designing it and putting in mock info but now that the program has actually started and I'm feeding in live data, I'm getting a few glitches. I will post them separately.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

I wasn't sure what to post this one under, since it includes form and record navigation, but here's my problem:

I have 3 tables named Parent, Child and Business. I have a form each for Parent and Business and lots of forms for the Child table because I have different data I need to print at different times.

Here is how you work thru the data:

1. Input parent contact info onto Parent Form, input their childrens names into a subform based on the Child Table.
    2. then click a button to open up the corresponding Child form, where you enter child's clothing sizes and Christmas wish list.
    3. Then click a button to go to another form that is just like the one in #2 except it doesn't have the child's name on it (because sponsors cannot know the name of the children they are buying for). I print this form on an index card to hand out to sponsors.
    4. Then you click on a button for another child-related form that we use when parents come into pick up their child's toys. It contains the children & parents names and some blank spaces for us to write in stuff when the presents are ready.

My problem going from one form to another is that each time I click a button, it takes me to the right form, just not the correct record. It always reverts back to the first record. Then I have to click Forward, or Next Record until I get to the one I'm currently entering. All the data that I have it pick-up from the previous forms is there, it just won't land on the current one.

Does my explanation of what I'm doing make any sense? I know I made it sound way more confusing than it is. I'm just doing something wrong in my record navigation, I think.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! It's not a big deal until I get 500-some records and I have to keep hitting NEXT RECORD!!

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    This is the method I prefer: http://www.baldyweb.com/OpenArgs.htm
    ...but you may wish to explore other methods: http://www.baldyweb.com/

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.