I need help with weird stuff happening on a DB

Hello all, I'm not so good with DBs but here I go.

This is the scenario:

A central employee DB with other DBases used as clients. Those other DBases have linked tables to the central DB.

Problem:

On the Employees Client DB you have the option of setting employees active or inactive. When active, the employee is shown on reports, inactive not.

You use the Employees Client DB to add a new employee, employee X, and you set the employee to active. You are able to see it in the Employee Client DB.

Using the Attendant Client DB to create reports, you create a report for the group that you want, example Engineers, and only active Engineers should be on the report. When you create the report, employee X is not shown on it.

The report uses a query which in turn gets the data from a table called tb_employees. If I check the tb_employees table, user X is set as active and everything is correct. But when it is queried is not showing up. I tried re-creating the query but that did not helped.

I did not created this DB, and the person that did it did not left any documentation behind. I'm kinda lost on it, but so far, everything seems to be ok on the query and table but not showing up on the report.

Can someone give me a clue of what is going on? thank you.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    If the report has a RecordSource of the query you mentiond then delete the RecordSource and save the report. Then open the report in design mode and set the RecordSource again. That should refresh the RecordSource.

Thanks for your help, but it did not worked. It sounded like it will but it did not. Any other ideas?

There could be a half dozen reasons why it is not working. Any chance you can post the db either as an attachment here or on a free file hosting site?

I know that would be a lot easier, however, the DB has confidential info which cannot be disclosed. I guess I will have to keep hitting it with whatever comes to my mind to try to resolve it. Thank you.

Can you run the query directly? If so, are the records there?

Yes, I did it, then I verified the report against the query results. The new employees were not listed in both places, however, an employee which should be listed on the report is not there but is listed on the query. I deleted the query and recreated it but got the same results.

How about posting the SQL for the query and maybe we will see something?

I would like to, but this is a very controlled system and I can loose my job for something like that. Sounds stupid but this is the way it is. I checked the SQL code to find out if it could give away some of the confidential information and it will. The dumb @$$ that create it used some names and phrases for tables and other things that would give away some of the info. I won't risk my job over changing all those things to dummy names to try to get it fix, I rather do it again over by myself.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

I understand and I do not blame you. It sounds like you have some issues with the joins in the query that are eliminating some of the records you want.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.