newbie_steve is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Copying the structure of forms and tables and their associations

Hi, i am hoping someone can help. I am very new to access.

I have a psychology project where we soon use a questionnaire on a daily basis (maybe 80 variables per day per subject). Currently, there is no data in the database.

I've managed to create a table called day1 (with 80 day1 variables) and a form that looks like the questionnaire we want to use (and linked apropriately to the variables in the table for day1).

What is an easy way of duplicating the table and form for successive days? That is, i want the structure of the day1 table copied to another table (call it day2). It has exactly the same variables except they are slightly different to differentiate them from day1. I would like the form for day2 to have exactly the same layout as the form for day1, but link to the variables in table 2.

I know i could just couple the day1 table, change the variable names slightly, and then copy the form for day1 and change the links to point to table2, but there are many assessments (18 days) and (if possible) want a less laborous solution.

Thanks for any help.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Should not be a table for each day. You have a field for the date of visit? As well as field for client ID? This is all you need to identify unique records for each client. If there will be 18 visits then there will be 18 records per client. One data entry form.
    Last edited by June7; 09-11-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

newbie_steve is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Hi June7, thanks for your answer. The reason why i want a more comlicated structure is that i then want to copy all the data and export it into a statistical program for analysis. Therefore, it would be much better to have all these different tables for each day and unique variables for each day, which can be copied and pasted into a master excel sheet or stat program. I don't think your method would allow that? Any thoughts?
    cheers, steve

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I don't see why my suggestion wouldn't work. Can build a query to filter the records needed for export or copy/paste. Unless I don't understand what you mean by 'variables'. Do these tables have identical field names? If so, then one table is best.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.