Snwboarder1982 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Access 2010 Refresh VS Refresh ALL

Hello -

I am not a progammer and have barely used VB to code anything so please dont confuse me. I have a general question regarding the refresh and refresh all button on the menu command.

I have a main form and it has a subform in titled Table.Invoice Entry . This table has a couple fields that work off of combo boxes. These combo boxes are pulled from different tables. So for instance, I have one field labeled facilities and it has a combo box that will display "TX";"TN";... from a table called facilities. Users can add more facilities to the list with the use of a data entry form that will pop up if they click a "Add Facility" button on the main form. Well, when they click the button and they add a facility using the form, and then close the form, the new entry is not automatically added to the combo box. The user will then click refresh and then the new entry will be visible in the combo box. If they accidently click refresh all instead, it will erase all the data that they have entered into the subform. With the "Refresh" Button and "Refresh All" button combined together on top, I feel that my users will mess up and accidently click the refresh all button and erase all the data that they just entered. If they just merely click the refresh button, then just the combo boxes update to show the new entry and leave all their data intact which is what I want to do. SO I want to add a button to the main form that duplicate's the "Refresh" cmd. However, I can only find Runmenucommand for Refresh All and not for just a simple refresh. If I try to use the button builder it will have a selection for refresh form data, but it too does a refresh all. Does anyone have a idea how to put a button for just "Refresh" or CTRL+E and not for refresh all?

Snwboarder1982 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I also tried using sendkey {F9} to see if it would replicate what I need and it doesn't, it does more of a refresh all then just the combo boxes

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.