MMMSOARES_2011 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

How to create a button that opens an audio or video file at a specific point

Hello

IŽd like to create a button (in a form) that will open an audio or video file at a specific point. I mean: instead of playing the video from the beginning, it should start playing at a specific moment inside the audio/video file. Please give me the full syntax. Thank you very much in advance!

The time in wich i want the file to start playing is stored in a field called 5_Section_Begin of a table called 5_Scetion (in minutes and seconds - xx:yy)

The path to the file to open is in a field called Chapter_Link of a table called 4_Chapter

Thank you very much in advance!

June7 is offline VIP
    Refer to your pthread about opening PDF document.

Do you have any code for this?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MMMSOARES_2011 is offline Novice
    Hello, June7

Sorry for my late reply. In the first 2 days i had no replies so i focused in other problems and stopped watching this forum. That was exactly when you came with your message. Thank you very much for the attention!

I tried to use the same solution used to open the pdf file, but it didnŽt work. It seems that commenad works only for Adobe Reader.

I did some research for the kind of command that i should use with Windows Media Player and i found a very simple way to open the audio/video file retrieving the "file path" from a table (or from the controltext box in the form, iŽm not sure). I wrote the following line and it worked perfectly.

Shell "C:\Arquivos de programas\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe " & Chr$(34) & Me!Chapter_Link_Text & Chr$(34)

The problem is that i couldnŽt find a way to make Widnows Media Player understand that i want the file to be opened at a specific point, for example start playing at 3:17 minutes instead of playing the file from the beginning. This value (in minues and seconds) should also be retrieved from a field in a table (or from a textbox in the form).

Thank you very much for the attention and for willing to help!

June7 is offline VIP
    Possible this cannot be done - I just don't know.

This thread references a FastForward property of Windows Media Player control but can't find anything about how to use it. http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=357381
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.