Stanggirlie is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

PTO Time Management Database

I created this database in Access 2007 to track our employees PTO (sick, vacation, etc).
    Anyway, it worked so well that now I have some other business intersted in it.

Here's my problem:
    I completely customized this database to track our PTO times based on years of service - in a macro on the back end - not in a table (I didn't think I'd be selling this database to anyone else).

Since these other companies have different types of "earned time" I want to move the information from my macro to a table so it can easily be updated by a user and I don't have to be the one everyone calls to update the macro when/if their PTO changes or, to customize 5 or 6 times to meet the other company's needs.

For example: If someone works 0 to 4.99 Years, they get 80hrs of vacation; 5 to 9.99 Years, they get 120hrs of vacation, etc. And these are all capped at 2½ times the amount earned (so 200; 300 respectively).

I think I have it half way there, but the problem is, when someone switches from 4.99 to 5 Years of service, the user has to manually go into the employee table and change the drop down to list the employee should earn 120hrs instead of 80. I'd like this to be automatic.

Any suggestions? I think I've worked on it way to long that my brain is fried and I can't think anymore! THANKS!

thhui is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2002 (version 10.0)
    This is easy when using the vlookup in Excel.
    The similar one built-in in Access is lacking.
    You can google to find the similar function in Access.
    Just try and I remember there is one.
    Ok. it is Elookup or something similar.
    Last edited by thhui; 03-27-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.