corystemp is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Entries in table not showing on form!!!

I have a form that has a few different tabs. After I enter enformation on the form the info saves to the table as it should. However, the next time I open the form and scroll through the people in the table they dont show up. When I open the table they are there though. What is happening? PLease HELP!

rommelgenlight is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003
    is the form's DATA ENTRY set to YES?

you can found the form's data entry if you go to the properties of your form, goto DATA TAB and look on the DATA ENTRY field value.

I switched it to yes now nobody shows up in the form. i have attached a copy of what i have so far. it is a rough layout to make sure the dataentry works before I jazz it up

Windows XP Access 2003
    I am very sorry I cannot view your attached file coz I am using 2000 version. but anyway, when you set your data entry to yes, you can only add record on it and not to edit or view your past record especially when you have closed the form and re-open again. I advice not to set it to yes.

If it is set to yes, can I place a command button to edit other entries? I attached a 2000 version. With the seperate tabs I would like to be able to enter data in the first then click to the second and third and so on and have it know that its all for the same person.

Here is a newer version if you could figure out how to link the tabs together I would greatly apreciate it.

Windows XP Access 2003
    i saw your two samples. i can see now that you have set your data entry to no.

what I have noticed now is that you have two tables inner joined by id. you made this because you are posting on two tabs from which this two are link to two tables, EMPLOYEES TABLE AND LAMPSON TABLE.

you will encounter problem because your form RECORD SOURCE is a query of two tables which is inappropriate.

my advice is, make a subform for your LAMPSON TABLE on that form so that the ONLY record source of your Employees Form is Employees ONLY. if you have the subform of LAMPSON on your employees form then, just use the LINK (CHILD/MASTER) FIELDS.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.