hijack61 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

rare problem

Hello and good evening to everybody. I am a hobby programer in access and made a program for a grocery store for fun. Somebody liked my program and i promised with my great mouth, that I am able to make a program for a Bar also. hehehehe. Now I got stuck and need help. First I tried to install the finished version, I already have and remodel it for a
    Bar with different Tables and Barplaces, which should normally not a great problem. (sure I will ask later on for more help, but I like to find it out by myself.) But when I open my program, all the perfectly arranged forms, which open at the same time dont fit my screen. All is to wide. I programmed it on a PC at my home with a 17 inch screen. I try it on a other laptop 6 month ago and it worked fine. Now all the font sizes, and everything looks to great. I am already at the highest resolution at the laptop I am working right now.(1366x768) Can somebody help me please.

So now the second problem. Since I have to start working, I tryed to start over again with a complete new program. heres my problem. (All my program is without any Visual Basic, i made everything with macros, so please dont help me with any VB rules, because I dont know even one of it. LOL) I work on office 2010, i made one table with article and try to link the supplier from a scroll list with lookup wizzard. everytime when i finish the progress, like I ever did the same, the program tells me that access could not finish the action because the process is used by another person or the wizzard is desactivated. When i go to options, and manage add ins, it says there are no NOT activated adds. I made only 2 tables on a new try, but the same message. Can somebody help me please
    Thank you very much, sorry for bad english, its not my natural language

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You could attach the project for analysis. That should help make up for language barrier because I can't follow your description of the problem.

I don't use macros, only VBA, so any suggestions I provide will probably involve VBA. Don't be afraid, embrace the adventure! VBA is not that hard. Macros, on the other hand, are less versatile and harder to debug.

As far as making the forms fit smaller screen, only thing I know can do is resize everything and/or make scroll bars available.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

hijack61 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

thanks

thank you very much june7. I think the first problem is half solved. The lookup wizzard tells me that he can not modify the structure of table 1, because it is allready in use by another person or process. (sorry i did not find out how to upload the example database.) I wanted to send you the file, so i made a form, and I dont know why, but it work. So since I need the program fast, I will accept the stupid messenges showing up. Only thing important is, that it works. LOL.
    Thanks also for the advice to learn VBA, since a long time I wanted to learn it, but I think after finishing this one I will not have more time for it, because i will start to work for the same Guy who needs the problem.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.