zx3 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

How to use attachment of a table as picture on report

Hi all,

Just wondering how to put pics on report using vba, the source is from the attachment of a table.

Here's my sample db, i want to put the 2nd pic of table1 to the report's unbound image frame when it loads, hope to hear from you soon, thanks.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    If this is possible, might require some complex code, check this thread http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/att...-t3988118.html

The idea behind the attachment field is to store a document (image or other) associated with a record, such as employee photo. Include the image with record on report by dragging the attachment field from the field list to the report. This actually creates a special control to hold the image from attachment field. I can't find this control on the designer and can't change it to another type of control.

If you want image on a form or report for other purpose, such as a logo in header, use the Image control and browse to the image file to load it. Or have a text field in table that stores file path/name and then refer to that field in the Image control ControlSource property.

Check out this tutorial about the attachment field with images http://www.access-freak.com/tutorials.html#Tutorial07
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

zx3 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Thanks June7, while waiting for more reply, i did my own research, it is very difficult if not impossible to use code to put use attachment of a table( pics) on unbound, bound or attachment controls.

Many website they just have similar problem posted but no reply, msdn not helpful at all, i tried looking through the methods, properties of attachment control, none of them allow assignment of pics.

My conclusion is, unbound, bound or attachment controls work just like each other, don't border to use code to put attachment field pics to the above 3 controls, not gonna success, simply waste of time.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.