coach32 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

Showing zero values in a Union Query

I have created a union query that counts the number of records that meet my criteria. There are a number of criteria, so I get a number of values. What I need to do ios also show the criteria that has no matches (zero). As this is a query I need to run daily, some of the criteria will have values most days but then there will be days that there are no matches to the criteria. I have included a sample of the code I use. Can anyone please advise me what I need to do to get the '0' to show in the Datasheet view of the query. Thank-you in anticipation of any help you can give.
    Code:
    SELECT Count([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id) AS CountOfTeam_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty
    FROM [Compromised TFN - master]
    GROUP BY [Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm, [Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="3-Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Low"))
    UNION
    SELECT Count([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id) AS CountOfTeam_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty
    GROUP BY [Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm, [Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="3-Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Medium"))

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Anywhere you have this at the start of your select statement:

Count([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id) AS CountOfTeam_Id

Use

NZ(Count([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id),0) AS CountOfTeam_Id

The NZ function changes any null field to a defined value, in this case 0

Windows XP Access 2003

Showing zero values in a Union Query

Hi and thank-you. I replaced all with the statement you gave me and when I pressed Run the zero still didn't appear for the 2 fields that I knew it should. Here is how I typed it in:
    Code:
    SELECT NZ(Count([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id),0) AS CountOfTeam_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="3-Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Low"))
    UNION ALL
    SELECT NZ(Count([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id),0) AS CountOfTeam_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="3-Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Medium"))
    UNION ALL
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="3-Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="High"))
    UNION ALL
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="4-Low") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Low"))
    UNION ALL
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="4-Low") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Medium"))
    UNION ALL
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="4-Low") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="High"))
    UNION ALL
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="2-High") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Low"))
    UNION ALL
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="2-High") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Medium"))
    UNION ALL SELECT NZ(Count([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id),0) AS CountOfTeam_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="2-High") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="High"));

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I have to admit that when I first looked at your query I just looked for why the 0's were not showing up in your query but on second look is there a reason you're not doing this in a non-union query?

You're querying the same three fields from the same table you just have different sets of criteria

Try this query:

Code:
    GROUP BY [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty, [Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm, [Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="3-Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Low") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending")) OR ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="3-medium" Or ([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="4-low" Or ([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="2-high") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Medium" Or ([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="high" Or ([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="low") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="Information Pending")) OR ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="2-high"));

Windows XP Access 2003
    The reason I tried a Union Query is that I thought it would reduce the number of queries I had to create. Your solution however has made me realise that it is not necessary for as many queries as I thought. I have taken note of your suggested Select query and I thank-you; however, when I run the query I get the values for 4 of the criteria, but there is another 5 criteria that have '0' on this particular occasion, but the zero's do not show. Here is my code
    Code:
    SELECT NZ(Count([Compromised TFN - master].[Team_Id]),0) AS CountOfTeam_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty, [Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm, [Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts
    GROUP BY [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty, [Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm, [Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="3-Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Low") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="For Approval")) OR ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="3-Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="For Approval")) OR ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="3-Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="High") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="For Approval")) OR ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="4-Low") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Low") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="For Approval")) OR ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="4-Low") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="For Approval")) OR ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="4-Low") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="High") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="For Approval")) OR ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="2-High") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Low") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="For Approval")) OR ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="2-High") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Medium") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="For Approval")) OR ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="2-High") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="High") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="For Approval"));
    The only difference here is the Status is now "For Approval". Thank-you for your patience and guidance, I'm just about at the end of my wits trying to get it to work.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    You changed my SQL but this is exactly the same query with just a different criteria:

Code:
    SELECT NZ(Count([Compromised TFN - master].[Team_Id]),0) AS CountOfTeam_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty, [Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id, [Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm, [Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts
    HAVING ((([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="3-Medium" Or ([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="4-Low" Or ([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Priority)="2-High") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Low" Or ([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="Medium" Or ([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cmplxty)="High") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Team_Id)=1743) AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Acty_Cntct_Typ_Nm)="REG Compromised TFN") AND (([Compromised TFN - master].Intractn_Sts)="For Approval"));

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.