gopherking is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

MultiUser DB ... Some users can't update tables

I have a multiuser DB that is split into a BackEnd (Tables) and FrontEnd (Queries, Forms, Reports) format. Each user has their own FrontEnd DB that is copied to their desktop everyday that they use to access the queries/reports from.

The problem I currently have is that there are some new users who cannot make updates to tables within the BackEnd DB. The problem occurred when a user tried to open their FrontEnd DB and received an error stating "Operation must use Updateable Query". Upon opening the FrontEnd DB, when the main dashboard form is opened, it runs VBA Code to insert a record in the AuditLogin table with the user name, ID, and the Login Type. This is so I can view who all is currently logged into the database in case I need to have them log out for maintenance.

I have read a few articles on the web where the above error doesn't exactly mean that the issue resides in Access, but could reside on the folder security, which has been verified that all users have read/write access to. I am wondering if there are any other possible reasons why certain users don't have access to make updates and others do?

Just in case you are curious, I have used both a SQL and a Recordset in attempt to update the table, but receive the same error on both. Any ideas/help would be appreciated ...

gopherking is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Ok, the actual issue was on my IT side ... they never did grant full access to all of the users. Once they did, it worked with no problems!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.