gopherking is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Running Sum resets itself on Sub Reprot when report in Print Preview or is Printed

Not sure if anyone has seen this before, but i'm hoping someone has and possibly has a solution ...

I am using a Running Sum on a Sub-Report to show the Line number for each record that is printed on the report. This is to allow users to find a record easily since the sorting is not based on any unique identifiers that are in sequential or alphabetical order.

So for each record, there is a text box control with the Control Source being set to =1 and then the Running Sum is set to Over All (since I don't want it to reset by each Group).

When in Report View, it looks fine and shows the Line # column go all the way up to 40, but when I go to Print Preview and then look at the last page, the Running Total is reset on the last page and begins back at 1.

I have confirmed that if I print the Sub-Report on its own that the running sum works as expected and does not reset itself, but when it is printed as a Sub-Report of another report, this is where the self reset occurs. So the problem seems to be when it is printed as a Sub-Report and not as a Main Report.

Any thoughts / ideas how I may be able to get around this one? Thanks!

gopherking is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Found this on the web ... http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/run...-t2384640.html

Looks like if you have multiple sub-reports and are trying to use a Running Sum, it will reset itself at some point. So, if possible, only use Running Sum if you only have 1 Sub-Report, otherwise, you're up the creek without a paddle!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.