Craby is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2000

Tracing

I currently have an Inventory Data Base that I'm using.
    the Items i have are constantly moving in and out. is there a way I can trace how long an item has been out of the inventory before it is replaced?
    can i make an alert? for instant if i send a part to a customer on day X can i have an alert pop up on my screen or send me an e-mail or something with in a week ?
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Craby

apr pillai is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Normally in an Inventory system for each item a minimum stock-level is fixed and defined as reorder point. Minimum stock-level is determined based on last six months average monthly consumption and the time required to receive the stock after placing order with the supplier. This is mostly done for fast moving items.

You should add one more field with the name MinStock or ReservedStock in the Master Table and update them.

You can create a Query for such items, which fall below the minimum stock-level or 0 stock and design a Report on them. You can create a weekly automatic reminder with the report as attachment (use the Access Snapshot format for output) to an e-mail that can be forwarded to you automatically.

Refer this article for guidance: Automated Email Alerts

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.