cvegas is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Angry Every Data Base I create gets corrupted

Using access 2010

I can code for hours, create forms, queries, what ever I want.

I worked on this application all day without issue. Open & closed it maybe 30 times.

I was just finishing up and all I did was create a autoexe macro to open a specified form when starting up.

Now I get a message saying that access has experienced a problem and needs to close.

It will ask me if I want to compact & repair and try to open again but I get the same error on any backup.

This has happened on every application I have written this week. (actually this same one 3 times)

Any ideas???

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I was recently upgraded to Access 2010 at work where we are still using Windows XP and have had the same issue. At home I have Windows 7 and Access 2010 and have not had the issue, but I do most of my Access related work at work rather than home.

I have a split application, forms, reports, queries etc in the front end and tables in the backend. The problem only occurs in the front end. I tried compacting and repairing, but that did not work. I tried creating a new database for the front end and imported everything, but that did not help resolve the problem either.

I did turn off the name autocorrect feature (In Access 2010: File | Options | Current Database.); I have read that it always causes issues.

The only thing I have found that works is to decompile and then recompile the database at the start of each day.

First, close the database. I found out that the *.lccdb file may continue to exist upon closure of the database, so I deleted the *.lccdb file. I then proceeded to do the decompile. You will enter text similar to the following from command prompt (Run). You will have to find the specific path to the msaccess executable file on your computer. I show mine below. You will also have to specify the path to your database file. It is one line, and make sure to include the quotes:

"c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft office\office14\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\My Documents\MyDatabase.accdb"

After decompiling, I then went to the VBA window and compiled the database (debug-->compile database). If there are any issues identified during the compilation, make sure to fix those issues and compile again.

Hopefully this helps you out. I wish I had a permanent solution. Perhaps someone else on the forum can shed more light on this issue.

cvegas is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Thanks for giving me this info. Looking on the bright side at least I won't have to reformat my hd and re-install everything. Thought I might have a virus.
    Going to work on your suggestion now.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.