Hi, I have a database in MS Access.
There is a field called "CA No", and another "Total Charges" in my database and also in excel.
CA No is a unique value to each record. I want that I should be able to update every record with its "Total Charges" from the excel file (which comes every month)
Note that updating the record does not mean over writing the record's current "Total Charges". Another record should be created having the same values in the fields as the current one except for the "Total Utility Charges" which should be the one from the excel file.
I was given the code below to make this work, but as of now its not working fine.
I placed the code below in a module and created a button and in its build event called it:
Private Sub Command280_Click()

UpdateCharges "C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\SP_BTS_Dec08", "cons_summary_20081231_starhubl"
End Sub

Now when I click on the command button, the excel file opens up, the computer halts for a second. But then when i go back to my database and check, no new records are created and the total charges are not updated.
Please help

below is my code:

Option Compare Database Option Explicit Sub UpdateCharges(xlPath As String, wsName As String) Dim xlApp As Excel.ApplicationDim xlWb As Excel.WorkbookDim xlWs As Excel.WorksheetDim rsData As New ADODB.RecordsetDim i As LongDim fCollection As New CollectionDim fld As ADODB.Field Dim tblName As StringtblName = "PB Listing" ' Replace this with the name of your table On Error Resume Next' Try get a handle to a pre-existing copy of ExcelSet xlApp = GetObject(, "Excel.Application")If Err.Number <> 0 Then ' Excel not open Set xlApp = New Excel.Application xlApp.Visible = TrueEnd If Set xlWb = xlApp.Workbooks.Open(xlPath, , True) ' open the workbookSet xlWs = xlWb.Worksheets(wsName) ' get the correct worksheet rsData.Open tblName, CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenKeyset ' open our table For i = 1 To xlWs.UsedRange.Rows.Count rsData.MoveFirst rsData.Find "[CA No] = " & xlWs.Cells(i, 1).Value For Each fld In rsData.Fields ' keep track of current field values fCollection.Add fld.Value, fld.Name Next rsData.AddNew ' create our new record For Each fld In rsData.Fields fld.Value = fCollection(fld.Name) Next ' reset our collection Set fCollection = Nothing Set fCollection = New Collection rsData.Fields("Total Charges").Value = xlWs.Cells(i, 2).Value ' put in the new value Next End Sub