EddieN1 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Access 2007 Memo Field Rich Text

I recently upgraded my client's database to Access 2007. I have the same Access version on my test/development home/office computer. I defined a number or fields as Memo/Rich Text in both my home system and my client's system. These fields are on both the main forms and sub forms. They all work correctly on my test system (main and subforms). When I say they "work", I mean that when I highlight a portion of the text on my test system, a mini-form pops up so I can select bold, underline, italics, etc. for the highlighted text. When I upload them to the client's system, they don't work on the subforms under the main forms but the fields on the main forms do work. They work on the tables view and the subforms when I open them in datasheet view. However, when they are viewed as subforms under the main forms, they don't pick up the mini-form that allows the operator to select the rich text options. I have Access 2007 with Service Pack 2 on both systems. I can't see any differences between my test system and the client's production system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Eddie

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Well sanity re-check that the field property at the form level (of the subform) is set at richtext.....

here is link to Allen Browne's site:

http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html#Bugs

on the 5th entry you will see a hotfix for rich text not working in subforms. I actually needed this a couple years back - when 07 was newer..... It doesn't seem like sp2 should have this problem....but it is the only other idea I can come up with.....

hope it helps.

EddieN1 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Problem Solved

Thanks for the suggestions. After careful review I found that although both Access versions were 12.0 with SP2, the one that worked was build 6535 and the one that didn't was build 6423. When I applied all the updates from Microsoft, it changed the build to 6535 and that fixed the problem.

Thanks again for your help, Eddie

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.