Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ray67 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003

forms

I'm trying to create a form which includes multiple text box and combo box which allows the user to enter multiple data and save all of the data at one time. So when I go back to the tables each data has a new auto number.

The idea is that the user would be able to enter multiple data and save it all at one time.

Thank You

treyxman is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    What are you having issues with?

Windows XP Access 2003
    I crate a form that my user can enter multiple payments that come in on a daily base. This payments are for different providers. I would like for my user to be able to enter all of the payments and than save them. Right now they enter one payment at a time and then they click on add new record.

Thank you

Windows XP Access 2003
    You'll first need to create the table that will have all of the fields that you will want the user to enter, this will be where your info from the form will be stored. Then when you create a new form, click design view, and then choose the table that your form will be connected to, hit ok, and up at the top in a toolbar there will be a field list icon.

When you click that you will be able to select the fields and then drag them onto the form wherever you may want them. They will initially be text boxes, however you can right click and say "change to" whatever style you want.

If it will be a combo box that you want, it will need to reference some sort of list in order for something to show up when you click the drop down arrow.

Hope this helps

Windows XP Access 2003
    Also, in regards to the saving feature you would like to have, an easy way to go about that is to create a button for the user. While you are in your form's design view, if you don't have the toolbox showing you will need to do that. Ensure that the wizard is selected, and then click command button and click and drag a button on your form. A window will prompt you for what you want to do with the button, and there are many record navigation's and save features in there that they will code automatically for you.

Windows XP Access 2003
    I wold lik to have one label box and multiple text box.

ID Todays Date Totals
    1 08/02/2011 $100.00
    2 08/02/2011 $300.00
    3 08/02/2011 $250.00
    After the user enters's all three payments than they would save it.

Thank you

Windows XP Access 2003
    That's all the info that you want recorded? No order numbers or anything?

Windows XP Access 2003
    There will be order numbers and about 10 more fields. I don't want them to have to save each one at a time. I want them to be able to enter multiple data and than save it. So when it's stored in the tables each one will have its own auto number.

Windows XP Access 2003
    So what you will want is to have a form to enter all of the main order information, and then a sub form within it that allows the user to enter the totals, as many as they need, for that specific order.

Windows XP Access 2003
    the main form, and the sub form will each reference a different table, and then you can tie those two tables together with say, an order #, make sense? so when you want to search for a specific order number you can see the totals for that order

Windows XP Access 2003
    I think i understand. So i would have to setup a relationship with both table useing order#?

Windows XP Access 2003
    ya that would probably be your best bet, whichever field there won't be duplicates of

Windows XP Access 2003
    Ok Thank you very Much. Let me try it.

Windows XP Access 2003
    No problem!

Windows XP Access 2003
    Ok so i did the main form and the sub form. Now i click on the main form to enter new record and the sub form also setup for new record. I would like to enter multiple data in the sub form without having to reenter it on the main form. So it would store the same data from the main form to all multiple data enter in the sub forms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.