piyush85 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Importing Data from excel deletes queries

I have a basic knowledge in Access and with my limited knowledge I have made a pretty simple queries in Access.

I import data from excel in the Access tables and run the queries (I have couple of criteria & Conditions in queries) and which is done repeatedly month on month.

Now the problem am facing is, whenever I upload the data for the current month & delete the previous month's data (I don’t want the data for the previous month), It deletes my queries as well. I have to again make queries again.

In the table column, I import data from Excel in CIC Raw Data, CQ Raw Data & SP Raw Data and run queries which makes the tables such as "CQ_Output_Table".

Any help in this will be appreciated.

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I can't see your screenshot as your location is blocked by my workplace. You should have just uploaded here. But regardless, deleting the table or uploading new data isn't going to delete queries. What may be happening is that you have your view set to Tables and Related Objects and that changes based on what is there. Just go to the Navigation Pane and the selections and then select BY OBJECT and ALL ACCESS OBJECTS and you might find that your queries are all there.

Thanks for responding, Let me rephrase my question, I feel I was not clear enough.

Whenever I import the current month data from excel to my raw data table and run the queries queries which will make tables for me.But when I run the queries It gives me the below errors. All the fields remain same while importing, so ideally it should work.
    I also wanted to know another thing, There is a feature in SQL server, while importing data to SQL, You can chose to append or delete previous data, But that feature is missing in access. Any way to get it in access?

Thanks again for your help.

What is happening for the first problem where it says it can't represent the join, is that it would appear that the field names that are being joined are not exactly the same as prior. That means that it can't find what used to exist. So I guess it would be easier for me to see what is happening by having a sample copy of the database and the excel file to be able to follow the flow and see what might be happening.

As for appending or delete previous data, I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean. Do you mean that you can choose to overwrite the entire table or just append the records being imported as new?

I want to delete the previous month's data and upload this month's data and run the query which will massage my data.

As for as database is concerned, Let me delete couple of data and send it your email. Currently the database is huge.

Oh, I just noticed you are using 64 bit Office? I don't have an 64 bit Office installation to work with. I might be able to set up one using VMWare at home on my home computer (64 bit) but I am not going to be able to this week. I won't be home until time to go to bed each day this week as I'm doing some volunteering for my church.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.