AccessBlues is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 64bit

Subform requery after multiple records selected

I need a subform to requery so it pulls all of the records associated with multiple selections chosen in a separate subform, rather than a single selection.

In one subform (subformEXIndicators), users identify up to 5 "indicators" associated with a particular video clip using the control EXINIndicator.

In a separate subform (subformEXMarkers), users select the "markers" associated with the video clip using the control EXMAMarker.

Each "indicator" has from 2-5 "markers," so what I'd like to do is have EXMAMArker (or subformEXMarkers) query subformEXIndicators so that the markers for ALL of the indicators entered on subformEXIndicators are listed in its combo box drop-down list.

Currently, I have a requery for EXMAMarker in VBA, but it only allows for the markers associated with the last indicator entered to come up. Here's the code:
    Private Sub EXINIndicator_AfterUpdate()
    Forms!ExemplarEntry!subformEXMarkers!EXMAMarker.Re query
    End Sub

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer! This is my first post, so if there's needed info I've leaving out, please let me know.
    Last edited by AccessBlues; 08-02-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Requery has an extra space

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    EXINIndicator is a listbox that allows multi-selection? Think have to use VBA code to cycle through the listbox and build an SQL filter string that would be used to dynamically set the RowSource property of EXMAMarker.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

It's a combo box. There's another control on subformEXIndicators requiring additional input for each indicator, so I wasn't able to use a list box.

June7 is offline VIP
    I am not following your setup. I haven't made use of multi-select listboxes and don't even know how a combobox can be multi-select. Hope someone else contributes.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

The combo box doesn't have a multi-select option --- it's used in a subform, so users can use the combo box to enter a record, then use it again to enter a second record, a third record, and so on.

June7 is offline VIP
    These subforms are on same main form? Are these subforms linked to records on the main form by the Master/Child property settings of the subform container?

Both subforms are on the main form, ExemplarEntry, and are linked to the main form by the master/child property settings.

I need subformEXMarkers (or the combo box control on that subform, EXMAMarker) to query all of the EXINIndicator records entered in subformEXIndicators, so that it pulls all of the associated markers for all the indicators entered.

Thanks for your continued assistance and patience on this. If you need more info let me know --- as a novice user I'm not sure what additional info I need to provide.

June7 is offline VIP
    Sounds like something I've never seen attempted. Think you better attach project for analysis. Or at least an extract of the relevent tables and forms. Run Compact & Repair first, zip if large.

Will do --- thanks!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.