Lorlai is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Upload Report to SharePoint Library

I have a report that I want to be uploaded to a SharePoint document library. Is there an automated way to do this? Perhaps in vba? If so, is there a way to set this up as a schedule? For instance, every Friday the report is posted to the SharePoint?

Thank you!

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    An Access Report is an Access object that can not exist on its own outside Access.

You would need to save the report as an exterior document - probably PDF or Word - which is easily done.

Then posting any document to sharepoint is a sharepoint function and not an Access function - so for this you would need to deal with your sharepoint Admin person.

Automating the whole process will be tricky. Access is 'event driven' not an .exe - which means it is based on the idea that someone is using the application and triggering events. In any case the Access role in this would be to create that document. At that point it is going to be your OS that would automate a task such as posting to sharepoint.

A different approach of using Access Services feature of sharepoint might be considered in which case the report is published as a web page.

hope it helps a little,

Lorlai is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Thank you for your response. I was hoping there might be a way around the event driven basis of access. Is there a way to automate the uploading process? I have a macro that will save my report as a pdf, is there a macro or vba code I could write that will then upload this pdf into the SharePoint document library?

Thank you!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.