Auto-Create a Table

Hey guys I have a question... I'm developing an Access Database that has a lot going on in it. One thing in particular is the fact that it is an accounts recievable by month/year. I want to be able to have a form pop up asking the owner which month/year they would like to view.

Once they have done that and pressed ok, I want it to determine whether or not that table exists (The table will be called: "Month_Year" each replaced respectively). If it does NOT exist, I want it to be automatically created based on the table fields I set for it.

Now I know this is probably a difficult task.. or maybe it isn't. But in either case I would highly appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thanks a lot!
    --Mike

Mike,

This is probably not a tremendously difficult task, but I would urge you to abandon that strategy. Having separate tables for each months' transactions is not a good design choice. You are much better off using one table, and relying on a date field(s) to tell you which month the transaction occurred in.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to do this?

For an accounts recievable program for someone... I guess you're right and I could just use filters/queries... Hm, I'll think about it and if you have any ideas for me, please let me know ^_^

But yea, I believed you when you said it wasn't a good design stragety.

Okay, here's what I want to do...

I want to be able to open a form and have it ask for the month and year. Then I want it to pop up with all of the entries filtered for that criteria... Obviously if none could be found it would simply show none.

Here are the entries:
    Client Name
    Address
    City
    State
    Zip
    Total Bill

Then, I want to be able to click on a drop down of a "Client Name" that is tied to "tblAddressBook" Once I clicked on the drop down, I want it to fill in the information for "Client Name" -> "Zip" ... It does NOT have to show it on this form, simply has to fill it in once I have updated.

Finally, after clicking on this drop down, I can fill in the "Total Bill" with what I want it to be. When I have completed I want to be able to print all records WITH the information provided from the address book.

Any ideas? ^_^ Heh, heh... I'm sorry... I'm stupid, I really should quit...

Thanks,
    --Mike

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.