Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    afshin is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

x and y axis of xy-chartes

I have a one XY- chart in one report that in row source:

"TRANSFORM Sum(Dispes.Move) AS SMove SELECT Dispes.Date FROM Dispes GROUP BY Dispes.Date PIVOT Dispes.Depth;"

in this way y-axis assigns Move field and X-axis assigns Depth field. But I want to have a a chart Grouped by Date And PIVOT with Depth fieldes, but with X-axis assigns Move field and Y-axis assigns Depth field .how I does this?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Provide sample of source data.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I want to have a a chart Grouped by installevel And with RE fieldes, but with X-axis assigns SettlBese field and Y-axis assigns installevel field in attached report.F:\IS.rar

Windows XP Access 2007
    In attached report I want to have a a chart Grouped by installevel And with RE fieldes, but with X-axis assigns SettlBese field and Y-axis assigns installevel field and with legend by re field.

June7 is online now VIP
    This Crosstab will get data in that arrangement but problem is there are null fields in each series. This interrupts the line connecting points.
    TRANSFORM First(Table1.INSTALLEVEL) AS FirstOfINSTALLEVEL
    SELECT Table1.SETTLBASE, Table1.INC
    FROM Table1
    GROUP BY Table1.SETTLBASE, Table1.INC
    PIVOT Format([RE],"Short Date");

Also, in your original report the graph RowSource does not include the INC field so don't see how data can synchronize with the report's RecordSource. But using a pivot query as graph RowSource is new to me. My data structure is such that I have to use UNION query to rearrange then I SELECT from the UNION query with WHERE clause to filter. Not using the Master/Child properties to synchronize.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    i want to group my data with INSTALLLEVEL and RE fieldes,not SETTELBASE field.the SETTELBASE is value.

June7 is online now VIP
    X-axis assigns SettlBese field and Y-axis assigns installevel field and with legend by re field
    My suggestion results in this arrangement. I know the SQL looks wrong but it worked. Just don't know how to deal with the nulls.

Windows XP Access 2007
    in your sugesstion data is grouped by SettellBase,but i want to grouped only by INSTALLEVEL and RE fieldes.the chart that i want similar to my sended report to you only should be rotated 90degree.

June7 is online now VIP
    Then guess I don't understand what you are looking for. I built graph on my suggested query and the Settlbase field generates the x axis and Installevel field is the y axis. Two series are plotted - one for each date.

Windows XP Access 2007
    i looking for attached chart.your sugesstion is defrent from my wanted chart.

June7 is online now VIP
    How did you produce that graph - Excel? The graphing utility in Excel is more versatile than in Access, even though supposed to be the same engine.

Windows XP Access 2007
    only i rotated my chart in pdf file.in access chartes don't have any rotation option.

June7 is online now VIP
    Here, check out my suggestion in the attached. I will remove the file after you respond or in a few days.

EDIT: Purpose served, file removed.
    Last edited by June7; 08-06-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Windows XP Access 2007
    sendede freport file is't what i want.

June7 is online now VIP
    I don't quite understand your last post. You were able to open the file? I just noticed your profile says Access 2007 but the file you offered seemed to be Access 2010.

Sorry if the suggestion still doesn't meet your needs. To me, it looks like the example you provided. It is the best I can do within Access.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.