Sibtain is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Angry Combobox Validation

I have to verify the value of combo box on the basis If Value is not in List then user should prompt for confirmation and if user deny to change the value of combo box then it should comback to its origional state.

I have coded the "On Change" In that through msgbox i have taken user openion in YES or NO, but when I select no (Means i dont want to change the value of this combo) its origional value is not being restored after applyiing (Me.ComboName.Undo) and new value or changed value is being reflecting.

I dont know What to do now?

Regards

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Here is a link to Allen Browne's site. This particular link will demonstrate how to use "Not in List" for a combo box.

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-27.html

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Alan

Sibtain is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Dear Alan,
    I am very thankful for your reply, It gives me some idea about my some other work but perhaps i didnt explain my problem perfectly let me try one more time may be you can give me some solution.
    Actually I am Obtaining the values using query from the same field in which i am storing data, means the field which is being used to store data is also beiing used in a query to retrieve the items for the combo. The idea is, if user want to use any previously defined values then the user should be able to use those previous values and if the user wants to introduce new value for the field a prompt should be displayed to confirm it, if user then confirms then that new value should be store in the field and should also be reflected in the combo as an item. In this case the field could have any old value in it and if user deny to introduce new value then that old value should be reflected again like undo retrieve old values in any other record operation.
    I hope i tried to explain it very breifly plz guid me in this regards.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.