Hi,

I've begun building a database which contains peoples information, pretty standard really. I know how i would do this with asp if i was building it online, however for once im able to just use access as an environment which should make things quicker (i hope).

Each person can has some pretty standard details, name, address, etc.

Each person can be assigned a role category: Group, Brand, Unit or Independent

Each Unit has a Brand, and each brand has a group.
Eg: M & B group contains the brand "All Bar One" which contains the Unit "Notting Hill".

So if a person is assigned a role category of Unit they needs to have a Group and a brand also assigned, however if the person is Independent they will not have a group or brand or unit. If the person is assigened a role category of group it means they work for the group head office rather than at a brand or unit, so they obviously dont need one of those assigned.

Currently I have in the way of tables.

tblGroups (group_id, group_name)
tblBrands (brand_id, group_id, brand_name)
tblUnits (unit_id, brand_id, unit_name)
tblRoleCats (rolecat_id, rolecat_name) eg groups brands units etc
tblContacts (contact info + roleCat_id, group_id, brand_id, unit_id)

I have built the tripple linked combo box for choosing unit or brands etc. however i was wondering the best way to lay out the form, there will be bits which can be hidden (group, brand and unit combo box) if the rolecat is set to independent, however differetn bits will need completeing if set to unit, brand or group. What would be the best way to do this? With a sub form? or header/footer or what?

Many thanks for looking.