Niki is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Desperate Need of Help - Queries

I have attached my database.

The way my queries work now, it must list a protein, veg, fruit & milk for one of them and a protein, bread, veg, fruit, & milk for the other. That is the only way I've figured out how to range my items to make a full meal in accordance with the guidelines laid out in the query (<=644 calories, <=3.5 mg Iron, etc)

What I would really like for it to do is somehow add or view a keyword(s) so that the query would come back with meals that have a protein, bread, veg, fruit & milk. I know that sounds like the same thing, but look at Brushetta for instance, it is 3.25 bread and 1 veg. My query now shows brushetta for a bread choice and another veg in the veg choice when I don't necessarily need one. My queries now don't account for mutiple component items and I need them to.

I've been working on this on and off for months and can't get this one little blip figured out. Any and all help or even theories are greatly appreciated.

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi Niki,

If you can convert your attached db to A2003 format, more of us will be able to take a look at it .
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Niki is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Thumbs up 2003 Attached

Thanks - I've attached a 2003 version.

My problem is more a mathmatical block then access thing, I think. I can't figure out a way to phrase the question I want to ask.

Once you open it and open the "Meals with Bread" query, you'll see that the Black Bean Bruchetta thinks it must be paired up with 2 fruit/vegetables. This is the only way I could think to set it up. However, the Black Bean Bruchetta only needs one fruit/vegetable, because the tomatos on the bruchetta are a vegetable. I can't figure out how to create a query that would add the meal components instead of the way it is now.

Thanks again for any theories that may help me get where this DB needs to be.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.