I think that I am on the last major block in the completion of a database build using Access 2007.

I have attached an example database to try to figure out what percent formula and format I need, and where it needs to go.

I have a main Table and Form called Participants.
They have two main fields:
Total Randomized for the number of participants that were randomized into a study.
Total Completed for the number of participants that completed the study.

There is a subtable and subform called PercentEthnicity.
PercentEthnicity uses a Lookup Table called Ethnicity to allow the user to either select a listed ethnicity from the drop down list or to add a new ethnicity.
The table contains the following additional fields:
- Number of participants in the selected ethnic group.
- Percent Random to calculate the percent of this group out of the total number randomized into the study. (Field properties set to Standard and 4 decimal places)
- Percent Complete to calculate the percent of this group out of the total number who completed the study. (Field properties set to Standard and 4 decimal places)

I believe that this is an easy solution, but for some reason, I can’t get any attempts to formulate the percent to work in these fields. Maybe I’m a little brain dead from burnout. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.