rjbeck52 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Access for tracking statistics

Brand new to Access. I am trying to find a system to track multiple monthly statistics for approximately 100 individuals. There are about 20 categories and I would like to track both individual stats and group stats for each category. Ideally the individuals would be able to submit there information on-line. Is this possible and/or reasonable utilizing access?

Bob

RedWolf3x is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003
    This is something that can be worked out with some time in access. I recommend using an external datasource for the tables. Generally speaking Access is a single user database and if you want you update from multiple people you will want to use the external tables.

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWolf3x View Post
    Generally speaking Access is a single user database and if you want you update from multiple people you will want to use the external tables.
    Say WHAT? What are you talking about? Access is not a single user database and it works fine with multiple users and using INTERNAL tables as well. I am not sure where you came up with that but it is very, very incorrect. If it is set up properly, you can have quite a few users using it.
    I've had well over a hundred users using the same database. You need to split the database to a backend (tables only) and a frontend which gets copied to every user's machine. And with that set up you can have many users inputting or updating data at the same time.

So for rjbeck52, I would like to know what kind of statistics? Where do they come from? What exactly is it that you are wanting to track?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.