I am currently checking over issues regarding 2 inventory databases we have where I work. The first in the initial inventory and the second is a 'recently completed' inventory check. Both tables were originally set up in excel as spreadsheets and transferred over to Access.

So here is the question now. I'm trying to eliminate partial matches of serial numbers that might actually be the same machine but someone misread or miswrote the numbers when they were entered into the inventory.

SELECT Inv.SerialNumber, [New Inventory].SerialNumber, Inv.Make, [New Inventory].Make, Inv.Model, [New Inventory].Model
FROM Inv INNER JOIN [New Inventory] ON Inv.SerialNumber = [New Inventory].SerialNumber
WHERE [New Inventory].SerialNumber like Mid( Inv.SerialNumber, Len(Inv.SerialNumber) - 3, 5 );

The closest my coworker and I have gotten to is a variation of this and that appears to work but amidst the run it suddenly calls out an Invalid Procedure Call and Access pretty much breaks shortly thereafter. All I am wanting to do is for Access to check the last x digit/characters of a select column in Table Inv and match them if possible to an item in the matching column within Table New Inventory.

Is this possible?