emerrube is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

disable "save export steps"

I'm tried of the "save export steps". It doesn't do diddly. I've tried saving them to stop that stupid dialog box from coming up, but it doesn't matter. The next time I do it...it comes up...again.

Is there a way to manipulate it so that it quits coming up?

Thanks

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean "it doesn't do diddly?" It doesn't export the same thing exactly to the same exact location when run again?

Also, don't use that export method if you don't want it. What are you exporting and where are you exporting it to? There are several code ways you can do it without having to deal with that dialog.

emerrube is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I'm exporting data to a word document so that I can easily copy and paste that data. Like today I wanted to copy that into Publisher...about 15 times. It's always different information. So I pull up the needed information from a report, select export to word from the data area, the pop-up/dialog box comes up asking where to store it (this is fine), I click okay, word pops up (assuming I selected it to), then I go back to access to find the "save export steps" box...every time. I've selected to save the steps. If I do it again it comes up saying I already have a file. So why doesn't it work? Why isn't it saving the steps so it doesn't keep coming up?

It's the same thing when I export it to a PDF for contracts. I've tried the text method and the HTML document method. It happens with them all. Is there another export method that I'm missing that I can use? That isn't as annoying.

Thanks for your help.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Not if you are manually using the export dialog. If you use VBA to perform the export I think can bypass that popup.

EDIT: I was searching after I opened this thread so did not see bob's reply until after I posted.

Check these threads:
    http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...el-413629.html
    http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...le-413493.html
    and this article
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...005186654.aspx
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

boblarson is offline --------
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by emerrube View Post
    I click okay, word pops up (assuming I selected it to), then I go back to access to find the "save export steps" box...every time. I've selected to save the steps. If I do it again it comes up saying I already have a file. So why doesn't it work? Why isn't it saving the steps so it doesn't keep coming up?
    So, you're saying that the dialog to save the steps comes up even though you, instead of going through the process to manually export, go to the saved exports and run one and then it pops up again after that?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.