namserious is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Create a form have 'group' like report

Hi everybody,
    I have a problem with form design. I am designing a form and my boss want me to use group like report. Because my form has some text boxes and combo boxes so I use report I cannot input data into these controls, if I use form I cannot 'group'. I tried some ways but not effective. Can anybody give me some tips or another solution?

Thanks a lot.

SteveH2508 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Tell your boss he cannot have what he wants. A form is for interacting with data; a report is for viewing data. If you group records you cannot then write to those records (which record would you update?). If you group records in a form it becomes read-only.

Perhaps your boss want a main-form/sub-form set-up, modelling a one-to-many relationship, with the 'one' record on the main form and the 'many' records on the sub-form?

namserious is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for your reply, SteveH2508. I agree with you "...the 'one' record on the main form and the 'many' records on the sub-form". But how can I handle it?

I tried to create a text box (use for group header) and a subform (use for detail of group) then I put both of them into the detail of main form. That means I will fill header record into the textbox and detail record into the subform. But I cannot set 'Default View' is 'Continuous Form' for main Form because Access doesn't allow.

Anyone help me?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.