Post Multi User Project

Hi

I have a Developed a project in access with the multi user login.

Hence i need to place my project in a shared drive so that registered users use my project simentanously.

My worry is if all users access my project and entered the data, will it affect or over lap the data???

Or is it possible to place my project in shared drive to use across multiple users.

Plz assist

pkstormy is offline Access/SQL Server Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I'm not sure I understand.

Typically if you need to have multiple users in your mdb/accdb, you want to do the following:

1. Split the mdb/accdb so that your tables are in one mdb/accdb (called a backend) and then link those tables into an mdb/accdb (called a frontend). Using SQL Server tables linked into the frontend is ideal.
    2. For the frontend, I like to then create an mde/accde file for the users to open. This prevents users from seeing the code and usually an mde/accde performs better.
    3. I like to use the vb script found here: https://www.accessforums.net/code-re...sier-7572.html (for frontends only). This script basically copies and pastes a file but it adds the loginID to the pasted file and then opens it. This means everyone is in their own frontend (which is cloned from a 'source' frontend mde/accde). Since any file typically has limitations when it comes to more than 3 simultaneous users, this vb script works nicely and allows you to have hundreds of users using your application without problems.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.